Thursday, February 21, 2013

My first post :) Introduction

This is a picture of my fiance Michael and I on Christmas day. As you can tell the poor thing wasn't feeling that well but he still took the time to love on his baby. That day was incredible and it served as an almost baby shower. We did not have a baby shower as I personally think it is rude to invite people to come to a party with the expectation of bringing gifts of a child they haven't even met yet. Kind of how I feel about having birthday parties. I feel that sometimes they are greedy. Of course our daughter will have birthday parties when she is young but its about the experience for her and not so much the gifts.

As you can tell by now, I am a little different. I am a 21 year old mama to be and I can't wait for our daughter to be born. She is due in 8 days and while I know it is not far away in the least, I can't help but feel impatient. I want her soooo badly. I have tried every natural induction remedy besides castor oil as it cannot possibly be healthy, and we have even tried to convince her how warm it is outside and how much space she'll have so she wont be as cramped as she is now in my belly. Needless to say, the babe is stubborn and remains unconvinced.

I am now a SAHM-to-be, and my fiance whom I will most likely refer to as 'hubby', works full time. We don't have much but we have each other. Like the Beatles said, All You Need Is Love, and that's what I believe. I am in no way naive but I believe we can't always dwell on the negatives. We must concentrate on the the positive things in life because otherwise, we would be a miserable lot.

I little more about us as a little family.

The bird, myself, is a cultural mix for black, italian, german, irish and native american blood raised in a small town in southern ohio by the river. The boy, hubby, is italian, german and french and from just about everywhere. We met at work in January of 2012 and though we haven't known each other long, time means nothing to us and we fell madly in love. He's an intelligent, clever boy of nearly 26 who has a deep love of science fiction, nature (despite have a 'sun allergy'- much to difficult to explain now), music and video gaming. He snores, he's messy, good with money and extremely funny and I wouldnt take him any other way. He too is obsessed with his unborn daughter and is dying for her to get here. The mermaid (our unborn daughter Madison) will be a Pisces like her father while I am a Cancer. WE are a family of water signs so that should be interesting. Like you might have guessed about me is that I'm into astrology but I also like music, tattoos, yoga and other things associated with a 'natural/crunchy' life, fashion, make up and general randomness. We are both nerds so God help this child!!

I think that is enough for this post as it's getting quite long. I dont know who will actually read this but I hope I have at least one reader.

-Ericka

Email me?

No comments:

Post a Comment