Saturday, February 23, 2013

Something has been bothering me...

I'm annoyed when people tell me i will believe in spanking (or some other thing like CIO etc) and go against my gentle parenting philosophy once Madison gets here and i become a ‘real’ parent. Um, i am a real parent despite not having her here yet. i am in tune with my child, i want to learn how she feels and understand her rather than punishing her for her personality. every child is raised differently and each child is individual but if you treat a child like a person- with respect and not like someone who is smaller and younger than you who couldn’t possibly know a damn thing about life, they would respect you too. I think if you start them out knowing what to expect from you, they wont try to take advantage of you. a child doesn’t set out to be manipulative, they don’t set out to be bad- we as parents are here to guide them, not make them feel like lesser than.

No comments:

Post a Comment